In lithotherapy, the power of the stones rests on the minerals that compose them and according to their colour; the waves that are diffused vary. As the power of each stone depends on its characteristics, it is advisable to know their effect according to each of their color to be able to choose the type of crystals which will be appropriate to you.
The difference in the energies of each stone varies between cultures, but in most cultures the effects of the gems are about the same. The primary color such as blue for example relaxes and soothes. Often combined with spirituality and materiality, it also symbolizes the state between abstraction and matter.
Red, the colour of blood and fire, helps to regain self-confidence and motivation. It also favours action, energy and strength which make it unsuitable for reflection. It is also the colour of love and passion. Yellow, the colour of the sun and gold, stimulates the mind, intelligence and intellect. Enlightening, it helps to make decisions, but also inspires happiness and bliss.
Stones and crystals in a secondary color offer a double effect since a secondary color is composed of 2 colors. Green, a mixture of yellow and blue, symbolizes life. It brings a soothing effect and thanks to its colour indicating rebirth, it inspires softness, balance and harmony.
Orange, which is a mixture of red and yellow, indicates material pleasures, friendship and conviviality. It has a stimulating and energizing effect, but in a pragmatic way. It can also lead to intellectuality. Violet consists of red and blue. Symbolizing wisdom and magic, it helps to think.
Gems and minerals with black, white, grey, gold and silver colours also have different characteristics depending on their brilliance:
– Black absorbs light, has protective and reassuring virtues, but at the same time symbolizes death, it can help you recharge your batteries.
– White represents purity and spirituality helps balance
– The grey colour of balance, compromise and nuance, it can strengthen and tone you up.
– Gold and bright yellow represent spiritual richness and radiance. It therefore helps you to succeed and will boost you professionally.
– Silver, which is a shiny grey, has a stimulating effect thanks to its discreet richness and power.